Welcome

I'm not an expert in any area, but I can share what has worked for me and my crew. On this blog, you'll find sanity and money saving tips for moms and families on the go.

Healthy Living

Many of you may have started the New Year with the resolution to lose weight and get healthy.  I have found several books and websites that will help you.  Before I give you all the GOOD information, I have to give you the BAD information:  If you are not MENTALLY ready to lose weight and get healthy, there is NO book, website, diet, or person that can help you.  None of the items I'm listing are considered "diets".  Diets fail you because they often restrict your favorite foods or add horrible tasting foods.  None of these products/books do that.  It's all about healthy choices.  Start small and enjoy the results.

I have found it easier to focus on one change at a time, so you don't feel overwhelmed.  I started with one all fruit and vegetable day per week.  Now I'm up to 3 fruit and vegetable only days per week.

This book was featured on the Steve Harvey show and several other talk shows:
Lose Weight without dieting or working out by JJ Smith
http://www.amazon.com/Lose-Weight-Without-Dieting-Working/dp/0982301871/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335918198&sr=1-1

There is a website, Facebook page and TV show for Hungry Girl.  If you have used the Weight Watchers system, she converts all of her recipes into the points system:
Hungry Girl

There is also a Facebook page and cookbooks to go along with this website.  The focus is only "clean" eating and provides easy to follow recipes and information on how to get started:
The Gracious Pantry


These are a few to get you started.  I started before the New Year and I've lost ten pounds.  Good luck and check back often to see my progress.

2 comments: